Popular posts from this blog
Love that Chaykin...
By
Unknown
-
Howard Chaykin is at it again and I'm loving it. http://www.cbr.com/image-comics-howard-chaykin-apologize-pull-divided-states-cover/ I got to meet the iconic reputedly curmudgeon artist at last year's comic con in San Diego. From the countless horror stories I've heard about the infamous writer / artist I held my heart deep in my chest as I saw him from across the hall. His reputation was gruff, offensive, rude, and downright mean, but I had no personal qualms so I approached the juggernaught and stayed to the side as I overheard his conversation with another attendee. When they other group left I had him to myself and was able to get to know the man. We talked about oppression, depression, and he opened up with his personal thoughts about his own mother that would make Whistler start from scratch. He got comfortable and I got to know him a little more than most I think. At the end of a really enticing and explorative conversation, he gav...
By
Lynn
-
My Favorite Vampire With Halloween just around the corner, I've revived the annual tradition of watching some scary movies and reading some classic horror. In recent years, I've rewatched movies like The Thing and Little Shop of Horrors and read Shirley Jackson, H.P. Lovecraft and Mary Shelley, though I confess to having more affection for Bernie Wrightson and Boris Karloff's portrayals of the Frankenstein monster than Shelley's. I generally like to watch at least one classic Universal monster movie every year, and/or read the source material that inspired it. This year, one of the things I've been reading is Marvel Comics' classic Tomb of Dracula run from the 1970s by the creative team of Marv Wolfman (words), Gene Colan (pencils) and Tom Palmer (inks). All three did an amazing job for an extended period of time and created an amazing synergy working together. Three different writers for the first six issues got the book off to an admittedly rocky sta...

Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for posting! Let's see what others reply!